2024 Call for Papers
49th Annual CAC Conference and Workshops
Keeping it Real: Conservation in Practice
Hosted virtually in June 2024, dates TBC
The Canadian Association for Conservation of Cultural Property (CAC) is pleased to issue a call for abstracts for our 49th annual conference, ‘Keeping it Real: Conservation in Practice’.
The committee invites submission of all presentation proposals.
We also encourage the submission of presentation proposals that are related to practical conservation applications aimed at addressing contemporary concerns and examining ‘the real’ in conservation.
- Our physical ‘real’ practice, including treatment case studies, linking new research to practical treatment and other examples of hands-on practice.
- Examples of preventive projects in action, ‘real’ day-to-day work or oft-overlooked projects, such as lab setups, changes or renovations, and applying preventive applications in various contexts.
- Making ‘real’ change for big issues such as sustainability, reconciliation, and IDEA. What examples of steps or actions have your organizations taken to act on these global concerns, and how did these projects take shape?
- Conservation of the less tangible, or less physically ‘real’ such as digitization or working with digital and time-based media.
- Working and creating for our ‘real’ communities, such as examples of access and outreach projects and community building.
Alongside the usual 20-minute presentations and posters, we’re looking to encourage shorter 5-minute ‘lightning round’ style presentations that focus on short instructables, practical tips and tricks, or quick demos, so please feel free to be creative with your submissions.
Our aim is to celebrate the challenges that our colleagues have successfully overcome, showcase emerging innovations, and shed light on potential future challenges.
Deadline for submissions is October 31, 2023.
Please visit our website for detailed submission guidelines.
If you have questions about the submission process or the conference theme, please email us at email@example.com.
Silent Auction 2022
With a hybrid conference, this year we are opting for an auction inspired by tradition, which will end with a casual social. Join us on Friday, May 13, 2022 at 7pm EDT (4pm PDT / 5pm MDT / 6pm CDT / 8pm ADT) for a virtual event. By participating in the auction you may discover promotional merchandise for this year’s conference. Looking forward to seeing you in great numbers.
Click here to join the auction.
Meeting ID: 848 0060 7873